In All my Imperfections, Here I Am

In All my Imperfections, Here I Am

Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Heart That Holds On (Is a Heart That Is Strong)

One beat. One life. One love. 

ONE. 

Our heart is the plot in a book. The steady beat is the message of contentment. A skipped beat is the message of love. A racing beat is the message of anger and a silent beat is the message of death. We may think that a heart is just a heart, but its more of a mystery then we understand. If you were to be able to hold your OWN heart in your hands and in wonderment watch as it beats tenderly against your palms, we may understand more of the mystery it holds. For if we were to have held it, its steady beats of contentment would be of its own, its skipping would be its own love, its racing would be its own anger, and its stillness would be its own death. We can see it, but we can't feel it. The connection we have to our heart is the main reason we have feelings. Its the core, the center of every emotion. It's the message sent to the brain when anger strikes. "Calm down, you are hurting me." It's the secret told to another friend concerning love: "I am in love, I keep skipping!" It is a note of thanksgiving for contentment: "You make me happy, thank you." And silence? Silence speaks for itself: "Come away with me."
Its a unity that sits in the same corner as a husband and wife. ONE.

Taking care of yourself all comes down to what your heart thinks. Being strong is controlling it. Letting go is being controlled. In all areas of life, there is an exception to each sentiment expressed by the heart that controls, but there is also the boundary to restrain, in order to heal. Every function fits perfectly with how you treat yourself. 
Depression, anger, grudges, guiltiness, sadness, confusion and discontentment weakens.
Happiness, contentment, love, purity, joy and forgiveness strengthens.

 Which would you prefer?

This may all just sound insane, but in my mind, my eyes, and even my heart, it makes total and absolute sense. 
Treat your heart like you would treat a husband or wife. Take care of it. Its a gift. 
 

1 comment:

  1. your words are a gift to all who read them. You have an old soul in that young beautiful heart / mind! xoxo

    ReplyDelete